Thursday, October 10, 2013

Home for the next 9 weeks

Here is the start of my nine weeks on San Cristobal island in the Galapagos. The town only takes maybe thirty minutes to walk the entire circumference, so yeah it's pretty little. This is one of those places where everyone knows everyone. There are a few taxi drivers here that can take you to the rest of the island, like other good surf spots, and all I have to tell them is the name of my family and they know which house to go to. I live with a wonderful family; I have a mom, two  twin 13 year old sisters and a very talkative grandpa. My room is extremely nice with an en suite. I posted a collage of my room, one picture from each side, one of my roof, which is just metal, and one of my shower head because it looks like it's going to electrocute me one day. I also have this stone half wall that goes around part of my room that is rather convenient to set things on, but less convenient should you accidentally kick it barefoot. My house is divided into three sections and you have to walk outside to get to each section. The first is a large, empty room that leads to my bedroom and the bedroom that my mom and the twin share. The second is my grandpa's bedroom and study, and the third is the kitchen and dining room, and also the only place with internet. Here's the start of my life here and more to come later!


No comments:

Post a Comment